Drilling Contractor – Official Magazine of the International Association of Drilling Contractors
Mission: DC is the only viable magazine exclusively covering the global drilling and completion industry, both land and offshore. The official magazine of the International Association of Drilling Contractors, DC has been published since 1944 and is the longest continuously published magazine focusing on drilling and completion.
Editorial: DC’s editorial is 100 percent drilling- and completion-focused – technology, markets, HSEQ, trends and other critical issues impacting D&C.
Readership: DC’s 35,500 readers are professionals in the oil-and-gas and geothermal drilling and completion industry and include senior management at exploration & production and drilling contractor companies. DC also offers the largest circulation available among drilling contractors (more than 14,400). Further details on DC’s circulation are available on the facing page.
In every issue: In addition to scheduled features (see Editorial Calendar), DC publishes several high-interest departments:
- Drilling Ahead: Opinion column giving insights into the D&C industry.
- D&C News: Presents the latest news in the drilling and completion industry—drilling contracts, field development, hydrocarbon discoveries, and more.
- D&C Tech Digest: Concise summaries of timely drilling and completion technical achievements and milestones.
- HSE Corner: Health, safety & environment-related trends and practical training advice.
- Perspectives: Profiles of men and women who stand tall in the D&C business.
- IADC Connection: Focus on IADC news, initiatives and opinions.
DrillingContractor.org: DC’s newly redesigned website dedicated to all things drilling and completions now offers features, news articles and exclusive videos to help readers keep up with the newest trends in the industry. Article are organized into these categories for easier browsing and searching: Market Trends, Rigs & Equipment, Downhole Technologies, MPD & UBO, Drill Bits, Downhole & Completion Fluids, Well Control, HSE & Training, Completions/Zonal Isolation/Well Intervention, and IADC. DC will continue to offer enhanced editorial to complement the print magazine, including animations, videos, additional graphics and content.
eNews from DrillingContractor.org: DC’s electronic newsletters are e-mailed to DC subscribers 24 times a year, reporting from key industry conferences and events and on the latest industry news and technology updates. Articles link back to the DC website to boost readership. eNews also conducts periodic reader surveys on important topics and notifies readers when a new issue of DC can be read online.