Home / Microsites / Global and Regional Markets (page 6)

Global and Regional Markets

Shell announces large deepwater discovery in Gulf of Mexico

ShellLogo

Shell has announced one of its largest US Gulf of Mexico exploration finds in the past decade from the Whale deepwater well. The well encountered more than 1,400 net ft (427 m) of oil-bearing pay. Evaluation of the discovery is ongoing, and appraisal drilling is under way to further delineate the discovery and define development options. “Deepwater is an important growth priority as we reshape Shell into a world-class investment case,” said Andy Brown, Upstream Director for Royal Dutch Shell. “Today’s announcement shows how, through exploration, we are sustaining a strong pipeline of discoveries and future projects to sustain this deepwater growth.” Whale is operated by Shell (60%) and co-owned by Chevron (40%). It was discovered in the Alaminos Canyon ...

Read More »

Shell to sell stake in Thailand’s Bongkot field to PTTEP

ShellLogo

Shell Integrated Gas Thailand and Thai Energy Company, affiliates of Royal Dutch Shell, have agreed to an asset sale of their 22.2% interest in the Bongkot field and adjoining acreage offshore Thailand to PTT Exploration & Production Public Company (PTTEP) and PTTEP International, a wholly owned subsidiary of PTTEP, for a transaction value of $750 million. The transaction is expected to complete in Q2 2018, subject to completion conditions as prescribed in the agreement. The agreement is for Shell’s stake in blocks 15, 16 and 17 and Block G12/48. Following the completion of this transaction, PTTEP’s stake in Bongkot will increase to 66.7%, with the remaining 33.3% owned by Total. PTTEP is the current operator of Bongkot. Shell’s decision to ...

Read More »

Hess announces $2.1 billion for 2018 E&P capital and exploratory budget

hess

Hess has announced its 2018 E&P capital and exploratory budget will be $2.1 billion, the same as 2017. The 2018 budget allocates increased capital for continuing exploration and development activities offshore Guyana and for the Bakken, which includes growing the rig count from four rigs to six rigs. These increases are offset by lower capital allocated to the Gulf of Mexico and Malaysia compared to 2017...

Read More »

Chevron announces oil discovery in deepwater Gulf of Mexico

map_total-in-the-us-gulf-of-mexico

Chevron has announced a significant oil discovery at the Ballymore prospect in the deepwater US Gulf of Mexico. Ballymore is located in the Mississippi Canyon area of the US Gulf of Mexico, approximately 3 miles from Chevron’s Blind Faith platform, in a water depth of 6,536 ft. The initial Ballymore well reached a total measured depth of 29,194 ft and encountered more than 670 ft net oil pay with excellent reservoir and fluid characteristics, according to Chevron. A sidetrack well is being drilled to further assess the discovery and begin to define development options. “The Gulf of Mexico deepwater is an integral part of our company’s long-term strategy,” said Jeff Shellebarger, President of Chevron North America Exploration and Production. “This discovery is an important addition to our portfolio, especially with its combination ...

Read More »

DSM commences operations with mooring contract on Norwegian Continental Shelf

deepsea-bergen-rig-664x441

Deep Sea Mooring (DSM), a Vryhof company, has commenced operations with the newly awarded contract to provide pre-lay mooring products and services to the Deepsea Bergen semi-submersible drilling rig on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Austrian oil & gas company OMV has deployed the semisubmersible rig to support drilling activities in the region.

Read More »

Apache awards platform drilling management contract to Archer

img-featured-generic-workersTN_default

Archer announced that effective from 1 January 2018, Apache has awarded a new three-year contract to Archer for the provision of Platform Drilling Management Services which include operations and maintenance on their Forties and Beryl fields. This will include the Forties Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta as well as the Beryl Alpha and Bravo platforms...

Read More »