In 2008, the IADC Southern Arabian Peninsula Chapter donated US$5,500 to the UAE Charity Challenge. Since then, that charity organization has been able to make two separate donations to the Dubai Centre for Special Needs (DCSN) and Uganda’s Malaria Consortium. IPTC will feature an executive plenary session on the theme of “World Energy Challenges: Endurance and Commitment,” on 7 December. The session is co-chaired by Nasser K Al-Jaidah, CEO of Qatar Petroleum, and Yves-Louis Darricarrere, president E&P of TOTAL. Speakers are:
- • Matthias Bichsel, executive committee member and director of projects and technology, Shell.
- • Rich M Kruger, president, ExxonMobil.
- • Saad Al-Kaabi, director oil and gas ventures, Qatar Petroleum.
- • Zhou Jiping, VP of China National Petroleum Corp and president of PetroChina Co.
Four other plenary sessions have been scheduled:
- • Environmental Solutions and Sustainability (Flaring Reduction, CCS, Drilling Technology, Efficiency Improvement).
- • Global Workforce Capability and Capacity.
- • Global Gas Outlook: New Gas Chains.
- • Renewal of Reserves: Exploration, Improved Recovery and Unconventional.
Speakers at these sessions includes representatives of companies and organizations such as BP, the International Energy Agency, Kuwait Oil, Saudi Aramco, Bahrain Petroleum Company and Schlumberger.
More than 50 multidisciplinary technical sessions have been organized. Formation evaluation, stimulation, thermal EOR, heavy oil, completions, risk management, drilling challenges, seismic acquisition and processing, LNG and integrated field development are just a few of the diverse topics to be covered.
Other special events include a Young Professionals Day, Education Day and Week, and an industry breakfast and topical luncheon.
IPTC will take place at the Sheraton Doha Resort and Convention Hotel.
For more information, visit the conference website.