The sixth edition of the International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) will be held 26-28 March 2013 in Beijing, China, with the theme, “Challenging Technology and Economic Limits to Meet the Global Energy Demand.” The conference is currently accepting abstract submissions. Panel discussions and technical sessions will address a broad range of topics and issues, including:
• Unconventional resources: technology, economics, supply & demand and regulations
• Integrated capability development: technology, people and business processes
• Maximizing current asset values: IOR, EOR and breakthrough technology ideas
• Operational excellence and world-class HSE performance
• Innovative and emerging technologies – adoption and implementation
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 30 June 2012. Abstract submission can be done online through the IPTC website. Authors will be notified of their paper status in mid-May 2012.
The 2013 IPTC will be hosted by China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) and co-hosted by Exxon Mobil Corp. More than 5,000 participants from around the globe are expected to attend, including industry leaders, professionals, as well as senior government officials and NGO representatives.
Currently, the seventh edition of IPTC is scheduled for 20-22 January 2014 at the Qatar National Convention Centre in Doha, Qatar, and the eighth IPTC is scheduled for 9-11 December 2014 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.