The September/October edition of DC, IADC’s official magazine, will take a close look at drilling rig equipment, emphasizing current trends in equipment controls. Remote operations of rigs will be presented, as well as industry efforts on standardizing interface requirements for automation technologies. Also included will be the implementation of modular machine controls and the business case for using wireless automation controls. Drilling experts will address nonproductive time on rigs, including true causes of NPT and potential solutions on the horizon.
The issue mails on 8 Sept.
Other key topics include:
- Regional outlook: Africa;
- Asset integrity and risk management;
- Solids control and cuttings disposal;
- Completions/Cementing: Zonal isolation;
Closing date for advertising is 12 Aug, and materials are due 19 Aug.
- SPE Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, 19-22 Sept, Florence, Italy;
- IADC Drilling HSE Europe Conference & Exhibition, 29-30 Sept, Amsterdam;
- IADC Contracts & Risk Management Conference, 13-14 Oct, Houston, Texas
- SEG International Exposition and 80th Annual Meeting, 17-22 Oct, Denver, Colorado
- 2010 Permian Basin International Oil Show, 19-21 Oct, Odessa, Texas
- IADC Drilling Africa Conference & Exhibition, 20-21 Oct, London
- IADC/SPE Asia Pacific Drilling Conference & Exhibition, 1-3 Nov, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- SPE Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference, 1-4 Nov, Abu Dhabi