The program schedule for the 2015 Louisiana Gulf Coast Oil Exploration (LAGCOE), set for 27-29 October, has been made available online. Drilling Contractor is the sponsor of the technical program for the event.
Doug Lawler, CEO of Chesapeake Energy, will deliver the keynote address on the opening day, and Gary Luquette, President and CEO of Frank’s International, will provide the second day’s keynote.
LAGCOE 2015 will feature a multitude of technical presentations, including:
- The Delta House Development – implementation of a new semisubmersible floating production system in the Mississippi Canyon protraction area of the Gulf of Mexico in 4,500 ft of water, presented by Rick Fowler, VP Deepwater Projects, LLOG Exploration Co.
- “Lien on Me: Are You Privileged?” presented by Samuel E. Masur, Armistead Long and David Rogers with Gordon Arata McCollam Duplantis & Eagan will discuss the Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act.
- Deepwater rigless well stimulation technology, presented by Christopher Mancini, Oceaneering International.
- LNG and the American energy landscape, presented by Jason French, Cheniere Energy.
In addition, LAGCOE will dedicate a technical session to the LAGCOE New Technology Showcase, sponsored by Drilling Contractor. Seven LAGCOE exhibiting companies have been selected to showcase their new technology. Each winning company will present a 10-min overview of its innovation to industry leaders and LAGCOE attendees.
All technologies were reviewed by a panel of judges who evaluated submissions based on the five criteria of new; innovative; proven; broad interest; and significant impact. These criteria serve as an all-inclusive standard that measures the value of each submitted technology within the energy industry.
The winning technologies are no more than two years old based upon the first time it was used in application or announced to the market. Additionally, all winners introduced a new patent that is not in violation of any known patents.
The winning technologies for LAGCOE 2015 are:
- Concentric Pipe and Tool Rental, Superior Safety Wrench System;
- Halliburton, VersaFlex XtremeGrip Expandable Liner Hanger System;
- Halliburton, SaltShield Cementing Service;
- Hypertherm, plasma, laser and waterjet cutting products;
- PhDSoft, structural integrity software;
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Co, pneumatic and hydraulic pumps, valves, fittings, cylinders, systems, repairs, rentals; and
- Seminole Services, well construction equipment, liner hanger.
See the LAGCOE New Technology Showcase winners from 10-11:30am on 28 October.
LAGCOE 2015 will also feature International presentations on global opportunities in five countries – Colombia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Korea and Ukraine – plus a session on successfully conducting business internationally.
In 2013, LAGCOE welcomed 417 exhibiting companies from around the world and 17,000 attendees from 43 countries and 47 states. Registration can be completed online.