The IADC Drilling Engineers Committee (DEC) will hold “Extreme Drilling,” the group’s Q4 Technology Forum, on 11 November in Houston. The DEC is led by Chairman Keith Lynch, ConocoPhillips. Presentations at the technology forum include:
- Remotely Operated Cementing Methods for Drilling with Liner Installations, Steve Rosenberg, Weatherford;
- Drilling Motors for 300C Geothermal Wells, Dave Epplin, Baker Hughes;
- Drilling & Completion Challenges from an Ongoing Central North Sea HPHT Field Development, Bill Burch, Mercury Well Control;
- Aluminum Alloy Enhanced Drill String Enables Small Rig to Reach KOP in the Marcellus, Saving Operator $500k, Jeff Lehner, Alcoa Energy Systems;
- Overview of “Driller’s Knowledge Book,” Juan Garcia, Worldwide Drilling Manager, ExxonMobil emeritus; and
- ERD Challenges, Mike Walker, ExxonMobil.
The “Drillers Knowledge Book,” part of the IADC Drilling Series, aims to help drillers drill more efficiently and safely, bolstered by specific, previously unpublished solutions to common drilling problems. Uniquely, the “Drillers Knowledge Book” will help drillers continually improve efficiency while drilling a well. Click here to view a video of Mr Garcia and co-author Dr Leon Robinson discuss their work. The book is available from the IADC Bookstore. Mr Garcia will also sign books at the event.
In addition, PDFs of presentations from the DEC’s 9 September Technology Forum, “Rig Automation/Technology Implementation,” are available to view here.
For more information about the DEC, formerly the Drilling Engineering Association, contact IADC’s Mike Killalea.