Original Air Date: 9 December 2021 @ 10:00 Dubai (GMT+04.00)
Amid the current challenging environment for land drilling operations, drilling contractors have an opportunity to position themselves for success in the next upturn, especially when it comes to fuel efficiency and demonstrating leadership in ESG. On 9 December, IADC Drilling Contractor hosted a virtual panel discussion examining the challenges that land drillers face today and the potential that can be realized in terms of fuel efficiency as they consider reactivating stacked rigs amid increasing ESG requirements from operators and other stakeholders.
Some of the key topics we explored in this session included:
- The steps onshore drilling contractors can take with stacked rigs to make sure they are more efficient when demand picks up and those rigs are reactivated;
- The impact fuel-efficient rigs have on safety, as well as their impact on driller and operator CAPEX;
- The systems available to lower a rig’s carbon emissions; and
- The potential of using battery power to improve a rig’s fuel efficiency.
- Dave Bosco, Senior Sales Manager – Oil & Gas, MTU, a Rolls-Royce solution
- Maximilian Trombitas, Global Sales & Marketing Manager, NEORig
- Juan Perez, Key Account Manager, NEORig
- Linda Hsieh, IADC/Drilling Contractor Editor & Publisher (moderator)
Original Air Date: 9 December 2020 @ 10:00 Dubai (GMT+04.00)
This virtual panel discussion is sponsored by MTU, a Rolls-Royce solution.
Complete the form below to watch the video.
DON’T FORGET! Your VPD password is: fuel@2020